|Title:||Multimedia Sales Manager|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
The Dispatch Media Group/ The Columbus Dispatch is seeking a Local Territory Multimedia Sales Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience managing an outside sales team, who is driven; goal oriented and can drive performance.
The primary responsibility of the Territory Sales Manager is to increase print and digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with MMSEs in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding print and digital revenue in the market
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind
- Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff
- Spends significant time with MMSEs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships; uses these opportunities to coach staff
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Ensures that each MMSE consistently present products/services appropriate to client needs and constantly monitor the “health” of the relationship between the client and MMSE
- Reviews and critiques all presentations and campaign proposals and coaches MMSE on improving this process
- Meets 1:1 with each MMSE every week to review performance to goal, new business opportunities and challenges
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
- Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Organized with an attention for detail
- 2-5 years of outside sales management
- Digital media sales experience not required but preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: